Raspberry Fudge Ribbon Pie (Serves 10)
This mouth-watering raspberry pie has a secret layer of chocolate that
covers the crust and makes each bite a memorable experience.
1 baked 9-inch pie crust
4 (1-ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate
1/4 cup whipping cream
3 cups fresh red raspberries
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup cold water
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 tablespoons raspberry-flavored gelatin
1. In small saucepan combine chocolate squares and whipping cream.
Over very low heat, stirring constantly, heat until chocolate is entirely
melted, stirring until smooth.
2. Spread chocolate mixture over bottom of baked pie crust. Cool; refrigerate
3. Arrange raspberries on top of chocolate layer.
4. In medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; mix well. Stir
in water and corn syrup.
5. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until mixture comes
to a boil. Boil 1 minute. Stir in gelatin; pour over berries. Chill.
In step 1 in 2-cup microwave-safe measurer combine chocolate and whipping
cream. Microwave mixture on 50% power for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once
In step 4, in 4-cup microwave-safe measurer, combine sugar and cornstarch.
Stir in water and corn syrup.
In step 6, microwave on Full Power for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture
boils, stirring once.