Peach Melba Ice Cream Pie (Serves 8)
When I hear the word melba, wonderful thoughts of red raspberry sauce come to mind. Add this bright red sauce to an easy ice cream pie garnished with peaches and you have a dessert to remember. If you have difficulty finding peach ice cream at the grocery store, try an ice cream shop.
To save calories and fat grams, frozen yogurt is delicious when used in place of ice cream.
1 and 1/2 cups flaked coconut
1. In small mixing bowl, combine coconut, nuts and butter
2. Press coconut mixture firmly and evenly against bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate. Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
3. Spoon peach ice cream into crust, spreading to edges. Freeze until firm. Spoon vanilla ice cream over the peach ice cream. Freeze firm.
.4. Drain raspberries, reserving syrup.
5. In small saucepan or microwave-safe 1-quart measurer, combine sugar, cornstarch and reserved syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened or microwave on Full Power 2-4 minutes stirring every minute until thickened.
6. Add drained raspberries to thickened syrup.
7. At serving time, cut frozen pie into wedges.
Garnish each piece with peach slices and raspberry sauce.
information per serving