Michigan Apple Pie (Serves 8)
Every autumn I like to treat my husband, George, to an apple pie made with freshly picked Michigan apples. When available, I like to use Northern Spy apples. The amount of sugar you use will depend on the tartness of the apples. Don’t forget to serve this pie with vanilla ice cream.
3/4 to 1 cup sugar
1. In mixing bowl combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
2. Add apples and toss together lightly.
3. Heap apples in pastry-lined 9-inch pie pan. Dot with butter.
4. Adjust top crust and flute edges; cut vents.
5. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven 50-60 minutes or until crust is browned and apples are tender.
Information Per Serving: