Fudge Sundae Pie (Serves 10)
Here is a great ice cream pie that can be hidden in the freezer for those unexpected, but hungry family members and friends. Do try making the chocolate sauce in the microwave oven. It’s fast and efficient.
1 cup evaporated milk
1. Put evaporated milk, chocolate chips, marshmallows and salt in heavy 1 quart saucepan or in microwave-safe two quart measurer.
2. Cook and stir until ingredients have melted and mixture thickens or microwave on Full Power 4-6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes until thick,
3. Cool chocolate sauce to room temperature.
4. Line bottom and sides of 9-inch pie pan with whole wafers. Spoon half lf the ice cream over wafers.
5. Cover with half of the chocolate mixture. Repeat with rest of ice cream and chocolate sauce.
6. Freeze until firm. When well wrapped, this pie can be stored for 4-6 weeks in the freezer.
7. For a festive splash, garnish with whipped cream
and a maraschino cherry when served.
Information Per Serving: