Pumpkin Pie (Serves 8-10)
Here is a pumpkin pie that may easily become a permanent part of your
holiday menu plans. Traditional pumpkin flavor is captured in this freezer
1 and 1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin (2 cups)
1 pint vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, softened
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 and 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/8 teaspoon salt, if desired
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. In small bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs with melted butter and
2. Reserve 2 tablespoons crumb mixture for topping.
3. Press mixture evenly in bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie pan; refrigerate.
4. In large bowl, combine pumpkin, ice cream, confectioners’ sugar,
pumpkin pie spice, salt vanilla; stir until smooth. (Use whisk or beater,
if you wish).
5. Fold whipped topping into pumpkin mixture.
6. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
7. Top with reserved crust.
8. Freeze several hours or until firm. Cover tightly.
9. Let stand at room temperature a short time before serving.