Blueberry Custard Pie (Serves 10)
Here in southwest Michigan, many folks are very partial to locally grown blueberries. This high quality fruit works beautifully in this delicious no-bake blueberry pie. It’s a pie that even most novice pie baker can easily prepare.
1 quart fresh blueberries (washed, drained, and
1. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, simmer 1 cup of the blueberries with 2/3 cup water for about 3 minutes
2. In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, cornstarch and remaining 1/3 cup water; add to simmering fruit mixture.
3. Bring to a boil and boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
4. Add lemon juice, Cool fruit filling in pan.
5. In medium chilled bowl with electric mixer, whip dry pudding mix with whipping cream, milk and vanilla, until blended and thick, about 30 seconds.
6. Spread custard evenly over cooled pie crust in pie pan.
7. Place remaining 3 cups uncooked blueberries on top of custard.
8. Pour cooled fruit filling over fresh berries.
9. Refrigerate, covered loosely with plastic warp until firm. Serve cold.
Microwave: In step 1, combine 1 cup blueberries
and 2/3 cup water in 2-quart microwave-safe measurer. Microwave
mixture on Full Power 2-3 minutes, stirring once.
Information Per Serving: