Eileen’s Pecan Pumpkin Pie (Serves 10)
My good friend, Eileen Pohly brought this pumpkin pie to a “Dinners for Eight” gathering we had with friends from Trinity United Methodist Church here in Grand Rapids, Michigan. It was so delicious, that I immediately asked if she would share the recipe. Not only did she graciously share the recipe with me, but now both of us share the recipe with you
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. In mixing bowl, whisk egg until slightly beaten.
2. Stir in pumpkin, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and sweetened condensed milk.
3. Pour into pie crust. Place on cookie sheet to keep steady in the oven.
4. Place in preheated 425 degree oven. Bake pie for 15 minutes.
5. Remove pie from oven. Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
6. Combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon for topping. Cut in butter with a fork.
7. Add pecans and mix until crumbly.
8. Sprinkle pecan mixture over pie when taken from oven after 15 minutes.
9. Return pie to 350 degree oven and bake 40 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
10. Cool and then store in refrigerator.
11. This pie is delicious with or without
vanilla ice cream.
Information Per Serving: