Rosy Ham Rings (Serves 16)I’ve always liked this moist and delicious ham loaf recipe. It’s the graham cracker crumbs that seem to send this delightful entrée into the very special category.
1. In very large mixing bowl, beat eggs and allspice with rotary beater.
2. Add ham, pork, milk and graham cracker crumbs. Mix thoroughly with wooden spoon and then with very clean or food glove covered hands.
3. Shape ham mixture into serving size rings. Place on aluminum foil or parchment-lined 10 and 1/2 by 15 and 1/2-inch jelly roll pan. Leave an indentation in center of each ring of peas. Cover with plastic wrap and chill up to 24 hours, if you wish.
4. In medium mixing bowl, combine tomato soup, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard. Mix ingredients together to create a tomato basting sauce.
5. Just before baking, baste ham rings with approximately half of the sauce.
6. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes; continue to baste with sauce and bake 30-45 minutes more.
7. Cook peas according to package directions.
8. Carefully lift cooked ham rings from baking sheet to serving platter.
9. Fill ham rings with cooked peas to resemble Easter nests.
Information per serving: