Pork Medallions with Glazed Onions (Serves 4)
Although pork tenderloin is more expensive than some of the other
cuts of pork, it is very lean with no waste. It’s a heart
smart buy and cooks into a delicious entrée in this tasty recipe.
1. Trim any visible fat from pork. Cut pork into 1-inch thick slices. Place meat slices betwen two sheets of waxed paper and flatten to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
2. Sprinkle meat with the thyme, salt and pepper.
3. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add pork; cook about 3 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
4. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat; add onion. Cook 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring often. Add vinegar and honey; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until onion is glazed.
5. Spoon onion mixture over the pork. Serve.
information per serving