Chops Kraut Style (Serves 6)
Hearty pork chops and sauerkraut have been flavor companions for such
a long time that often they are a forgotten duo. No longer will
that need to be true when you try this easy oven dinner. With
just one bite, you’'ll agree that subtly seasoned sauerkraut is
the perfect partner for pork.
6 (3/4-inch) pork chops
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 (1 pound 11-ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 teaspoon instant minced onion
1 teaspoon caraway seed
1. Trim all fat from pork chops.
2. Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
3. In large non-stick skillet, heat oil. Brown chops on both sides
in hot oil.
4. In 8x12-inch baking dish, combine drained sauerkraut, tomatoes, onion
and caraway seed. Spread evenly in baking dish.
5. Arrange browned pork chops on top of sauerkraut mixture.
6. Cover tightly with foil.
7. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
8. Remove foil and continue baking 15-30 minutes.