Muffuletta (Serves 8-12)
Here is a Midwest version of the famous New Orleans muffuletta. It’s filled with the traditional olive topping along with two types of salami and cheese. This sandwich enjoys refrigeration, so it’s a great make-ahead idea.
3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
2 rounds of foaccacia bread or 4 submarine rolls
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine celery, olives, pepperoncini, olive oil and garlic. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
2. Slice foccacia in half horizontally
3. Layer half of the hard salami, cotto salami and provolone cheese on bottom of the rounds of foccaci. Top with olive mixture. Cover with top half of foccacia.
4. Repeat procedure with remaining foccacia round other ingredients.
5. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 24 hours before serving.
information per serving