Beef Upside-Down Bake (Serves 6)
One dish meals are a natural for busy cooks. This family favorite includes
meat, vegetable and bread in one dish. Add tall glasses of milk and
fresh fruit to complete an easy meal.
1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 cup catsup
1 (12-ounce) can vacuum packed whole kernel
1 (8-ounce) package corn bread mix
1. In 10-inch ovenproof skillet, cook ground beef and onion
until browned. Drain and discard excess fat.
2. Return meat and onion to skillet. Stir in salt, chili powder
3. Push meat evenly around edge of skillet. Spread drained corn
4. Mix corn bread mix according to package directions. Gently
spread corn bread batter over meat and corn.
5. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until
cornbread is lightly browned.
6. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes, turn upside down
on heat proof serving plate. Cut in pie shaped wedges