Bake (Serves 6-8)
This family favorite enchilada casserole is one of the most popular recipes
in my second cookbook, More House Specialties. There is just the right
combination of seasoned meat wrapped up in flour tortillas topped with
cheese. Make-ahead cooks can refrigerate the completed casserole to be
baked when needed.
1 pound lean ground beef
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (1 and 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
12 soft regular-size flour tortillas
1 (10 and 3/4-ounce) can 98% fat free cream
of mushroom soup
1 cup reduced fat or regular sour cream
1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies
1 and 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
1. In medium skillet, brown ground beef, drain well.
2. Return drained ground beef to skillet
3. Add tomato sauce and taco mix. Stir to combine.
4. Simmer 15 minutes to develop flavors, stirring occasionally.
5. Spoon meat mixture on tortillas. Roll and place filled tortillas
in greased 9x13-inch baking pan.
6. In medium mixing bowl, combine mushroom soup, sour cream
7. Spread sour cream mixture over tortillas.
8. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
9. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes until