Corned Beef Dinner (Serves 8)When the month of March arrives, I begin thinking about cooking a Corned Beef Dinner in honor of St. Patrick’s Day. This is a time tested recipe that produces marvelous results every time. You are certain to receive rave reviews for your cooking efforts.
1 (3-4 pound) corned beef brisket or round
1. Place corned beef in Dutch oven and barely cover with hot water. Add onion, garlic and bay leaves. Cover and simmer 3-4 hours until tender.
2. Remove meat from liquid. Cover with foil and keep warm.
3. Add potatoes, carrots and cabbage to boiling liquid. Cook until tender.
4. Meanwhile, glaze meat. Spread fat side of meat lightly with mustard. Combine brown sugar and cloves in small dish. Sprinkle over mustard.
5. Bake in shallow pan in preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
6. Arrange corned beef and vegetables on warm platter for serving. Garnish with snipped parsley.
Information per serving: (per 1 tablespoon
of just the fondue sauce)