Treasure Meringues (Serves 6)
Underneath these feather light mounds of meringue, sponge cake surprises
can be found. Do try this delicious Raspberry Topping served over the
4 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup sugar
6 individual sponge cake cups
1. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. In large bowl beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks
3. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
4. Arrange sponge cake cups 3 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
5. Evenly spread meringue over top and sides of sponge cake cups; make
indentation in meringue in center of each cup.
6. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 10-15 minutes or until meringue
is light golden brown.
7. Cool and serve with Raspberry Topping.
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup currant jelly
1 (10-ounce) package frozen sweetened red raspberries, thawed
1. In 1-quart microwave-safe measurer, combine cornstarch and water;
blend until smooth.
2. Add jelly and raspberries.
3. Microwave on Full Power 3-5 minutes, stirring every minute until
4. Cool before serving. Store chilled.