Toasted Pecan Clusters (Makes 80 clusters)
These candy clusters are a “chocolate lovers” dream. The secret
to such mouth-watering success is toasting the pecans. For Christmas,
or any other time of year, these are the finest of food gifts from your
2 tablespoons butter
2 and 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
1 pound chocolate candy coating (I like to use a blend or 1/2 pound
milk chocolate candy coating and 1/2 pound dark semisweet chocolate
1. Put butter on jelly roll pan and put in preheated 300 degree oven.
Heat 5-7 minutes until melted.
2. When butter is melted toss with chopped pecans.
3. Toast in preheated 300 degree oven 10-15 minutes, stirring several
times until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and cool.
4. In 2- quart microwave-safe measurer put candy coating. Melt on 50%
power in the microwave oven 3-4 minutes, stirring every minute.
5. Stir in cooled toasted pecans.
6. Drop by teaspoonfuls of chocolate covered pecans onto waxed paper.
7. Chill until set.