Raspberry-Lemon Loaf (Servers 10)
Here is a great make-ahead dessert recipe. It is very attractive and
quite delicious, so treat yourself to this easy recipe soon.
2 (3-ounce) packages lady fingers
1 quart vanilla ice cream or frozen vanilla yogurt, softened
1 pint lemon sherbet or lemon sorbet, softened
1 (16-ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
1 cup raspberry liquid and water
1 tablespoons cornstarch
Dash of salt
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with waxed paper, extending paper beyond
2. Line bottom and sides with lady finger halves, putting the cut side
toward the center.
3. Spoon softened vanilla ice cream or yogurt into bottom of pan. Cover
with a layer of lady fingers.
4. Spoon softened lemon sherbet or lemon sorbet on top of lady fingers.
Top with layer of lady fingers. Freeze firm in freezer. Wrap well to
prevent freezer burn.
5. Drain raspberries and add enough water to raspberry liquid to make
6. In 1-quart microwave-safe measurer combine liquid with cornstarch
7. Microwave on Full Power 2-3 minutes until thickened, stirring every
8. Add lemon juice and then gently stir in raspberries. Refrigerate,
covered, until ready to use.
9. To serve, lift loaf out of pan with waxed paper. Slice into serving
pieces. Serve on pretty dessert plates with raspberry sauce.