Bars (Makes 4 dozen bars)
Each fall when the pumpkins are harvested, I review my file of pumpkin
recipes and find these charming pumpkin bars top the list of “must
bake” recipes. They are so easy and so delicious.
1 and 2/3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 (15-ounce) can cooked pumpkin (2 cups)
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Cream cheese frosting:
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 (3-oumce) package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
1. In large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin
with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and mix thoroughly
4. Spread batter in ungreased 10x15-inch jelly roll pan.
5. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 25-30 minutes. Cool.
6. For frosting: In medium mixing bowl, cream together butter and cream
cheese. Stir in vanilla.
7. Add confectioners” sugar, a little at a time, beating well,
8. Frost cooled pumpkin bars, Chill.
9. Cut into bars and store chilled in covered container.