Microwave Peanut Brittle (Makes
Time and again I’m told about the frequent use and success of this
crunchy peanut brittle recipe. One lady even confessed that she kept a
bag of this candy in her bottom desk drawer year round so it was within
arm’s reach in case of a sugar attack.
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup roasted, salted peanuts
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. In a 2-quart microwave-safe measurer, stir together sugar and syrup.
Microwave on Full Power 4 minutes.
2. Stir in peanuts. Microwave on Full Power 3-4 minutes, until light
3. Add butter and vanilla to syrup, blending well. Microwave on Full
Power 1-2 minutes more. Peanuts will be lightly browned and syrup very
4. Add baking soda and gently stir until light and foamy.
5. Pour mixture onto lightly greased cookie sheet or unbuttered nonstick
coated cookie sheet. Let cool 1/2 to 1 hour.
6. When cool, break into small pieces and store in airtight container.