Cran-Apple Crumble (Serves 8)
Bright red cranberries dot this quick apple crumble adding wonderful color
and flavor. On almost a minute’s notice, this dessert is ready for
family and friends to enjoy. Top with vanilla ice cream for a la mode
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
4 cups sliced, peeled apples (4 medium apples)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 cup quick cooking or old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. In 2-quart microwave-safe baking dish, combine cranberries, apples
an sugar. Mix lightly and spread evenly in dish. Set aside.
2. In small mixing bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar; mix
in flouor, oats and cinnamon until crumbly.
3. Sprinkle over cranberries and apples.
4. Microwave on Full Power 10-12 minutes or until fruits are tender,
rotating dish once. If frozen cranberries are used, cooking time may
5. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream for an ultimate taste treat.