Marble Brownies (Makes 5 dozen)When my friend, Anne Reuther, from Milwaukee, shared this wonderful recipe with me she earmarked it a “Reuther Family Favorite”. Both she and I hope that soon this efficient scrumptious recipe will be a favorite with your family too.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup water
2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, well beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a medium saucepan, combine butter, water and chocolate.
2. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in flour, 2 cups sugar, baking soda and salt.
4. Add beaten eggs and sour cream; mix well.
5. Pour into greased and floured 10x15-inch jelly roll pan.
6. Spread batter evenly in pan.
7. Gently dribble and spread cream cheese mixture over chocolate batter.
8. Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect.
9. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
10. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
11. Cool. Cut into squares.
information per serving