(Makes 20-24 covered berries)
Few desserts are as easy as these mouth watering chocolate covered
strawberries. Remember that the berries are perishable so it’s
best to dip them shortly before serving time.
1 quart very fresh strawberries with fresh green stems, if available
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate or commercial chocolate coating
1. Rinse the berries quickly in cold water and pat dry on paper towel.
2. Put chocolate in 1 quart microwave-safe measurer or double boiler.
Microwave on 50% power 2-3 minutes, stirring every minute until melted
or melt in double boiler over medium heat, stirring frequently.
3. Working as quickly as possible, pick, up a berry by the stem, dip
it into the chocolate so that it is covered about two-thirds of the
way up, shake slightly to remove the excess or scrape it lightly against
the edge of the pan.
4. Place carefully on waxed paper.
5. Chill just until chocolate sets. Store at room temperature, but do
not try to hold more than 8-10 hours.