Blueberry Cobbler (Makes 6 servings)A cobbler is one of the most creative ways I know of putting together those basic ingredients of flour, milk, shortening and leaving agents. In this recipe, thickened blueberries provide the perfect setting for the biscuit topping.
cup sugar or Splenda granular
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Blend 1/2 cup sugar or Splenda granular with cornstarch in medium saucepan. Stir in blueberries and lemon juice. Cook stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute.
3. Pour blueberry mixture into 2-quart casserole. Keep fruit mixture hot in oven while preparing biscuit topping.
4. Measure flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, the baking powder and salt into bowl. Cut in butter or margarine into flour mixture with fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
5. Add milk and stir until flour disappears.
6. Drop 6 medium spoonfuls onto hot fruit.
7. Bake 25-30 minutes in the preheated 400 degree oven or until biscuit topping is golden brown.
8. Serve warm topped with ice cream or whipped
cream, if desired.
information per serving