Brownies (Makes 3-4 dozen)
These cake-like brownies have fabulous flavor and are very quick and
easy to make. Plan now to bake them soon for your family and friends.
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 and 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups applesauce, unsweetened or sweetened
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. In large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs,
1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa, soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. Add dry ingredients alternately with applesauce. Mix completely.
4. Pour into lightly greased 9x13-inch baking pan.
5. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and walnuts or pecans.
6. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.