Spanish Peanut Drop Cookies (Makes 4 dozen)
One day when I was perusing recipes, I found this simple drop cookie
idea. Since I had an ample supply of red skinned Spanish peanuts, it
was my next baking project. The result is a tasty cookie that will require
keeping the pantry stocked with peanuts.
3/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 and 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup Spanish peanuts
1. In large mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and peanut butter
until light and fluffy.
2. Add vanilla and egg; blend well.
3. Sift together flour, soda and salt.
4. Add to creamed mixture, stirring until flour disappears.
5. Stir in peanuts.
6. Drop by teaspoonful onto parchment lined or ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven 8-12 minutes or until light golden
8. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool.