Orange Snowballs (Makes 3 dozen)
These mouth watering cookies will remind you of Mexican wedding cakes. Kissed with both grated orange peel and orange extract, these delightful treats will grace any cookie tray.
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
Additional confectioners’ sugar
1. In a large bowl, cream butter with 3/4 up confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy with electric mixer.
2. Beat in orange peel, orange and vanilla extract.
3. Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
4. Shape into 3/4 –inch balls. Place 1-inch apart on parchment-lined or ungreased baking sheets.
5. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 11-13 minutes until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
6. Put additional confe