Coconut Cookies (Makes 3 dozen)
These citrus-kissed cookies filled with coconut are the perfect accompaniment
for sherbet or ice cream or even a tall cold glass of milk. Thawed frozen
orange juice concentrate adds just the right amount of orange flavor
to these quick and easy cookies.
2/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 and 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup flaked coconut
1. Beat eggs with whisk or fork in a medium bowl. Stir in oil and sugar;
beat until mixture thickens.
2. Stir in undiluted orange juice concentrate.
3. Sift or whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients
and coconut to egg mixture. Stir well.
4. Drop by teaspoonfuls on parchment-lined on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Flatten each cookie with the bottom of a drinking glass, coated with
cooking oil and dipped in sugar.
6. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven 8-10 minutes or until light golden
7. Remove from baking sheets and cool on racks.