New-Fashioned Molasses Crinkles (Makes 3 dozen)
As opposed to old-fashioned cookies, this recipe is somewhat lower in fat grams, makes a small batch and is very quick and easy. These crinkles are great picnic fare and could be carried on a Frisbee..enjoy the cookies and then engage in frisbee tossing.
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup molasses
1 and 3/4 cups flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1. In medium mixing bowl, cream together sugar and butter.
2. Beat in egg and then molasses.
3. Stir in flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Mix well.
4. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; dip each ball halfway in sugar. Place sugar side up 2 inches apart on ungreased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 8-10 minutes or until set.
6. Carefully remove to wire rack to cool.
7. Store in tightly covered container.