Lollipop Heart Cookies (Makes 4 dozen)
Cut-out sugar cookies reach new heights when perched on a lollipop stick. Look for lollipop sticks where cake and candy decorating supplies are sold. What a great way to say “Happy Valentine’s Day to your friends and family!1 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
2 and 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
Lollipop cardboard sticks
Frosting and decorations
1. In large mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and almond extract.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to other ingredients. Stir to evenly combine.
4. Divide dough into three portions. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Chill about 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
5. On lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough at a time about 1/4-inch thickness. Dip heart-shaped cutter in flour and cut cookies.
6. Put lollipop sticks on parchment –lined or ungreased baking sheet and put a cookie on top.
7. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 9-12 minutes. Cool on
pan. Remove to rack. Decorate as desired.
information per serving:
Per 1 cookie if each has 2 teaspoons frosting: 106 calories, 1 gram protein, 4 grams fat, 17 grams carbohydrate, 9 grams fiber, 18 milligrams sodium