Favorite Rolled Sugar Cookies(Makes 5 dozen medium-sized cookies)This recipe comes from my friend, Jo Draeger, who lives in Janesville, Wisconsin. It is the perfect recipe for cut-out Christmas cookies. The secret to tender and tasty cookies is to roll them in confectioners’ sugar rather than flour.
1 pound margarine for baking (without added
water or air)
1. Cream margarine and sugar
2. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
3. Add soda water and vanilla
4. Stir in flour and salt. Chill well.
5. Roll on pastry cloth or board that has been sprinkled with confectioners’ sugar. Cut in desired shapes.
6. For perfect baking, place on parchment-lined or ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 7-8 minutes. Do NOT over bake
information per cookie: