Crispy Sunflower Cookies (Makes 3 dozen)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup roasted, salted sunflower kernels
1. In medium mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar, brown sugar
and oil until smooth and creamy.
2. Add egg and beat well for 2-3 minutes
Sift together flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda. Stir into creamed
3. Stir in sunflower kernels.
4. Drop dough onto parchment lined or ungreased cookie sheet with teaspoon.
5. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven 10-12 minutes.