Chocolate Chip Bars (Makes 4 dozen bars)Bar cookies bake so quickly that even on a warm summer day, the oven doesn’t need to heat very long. Bake these bars whenever time permits and keep them in the freezer for quick and easy treats.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1. In large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
3. Sift together flour, soda and salt. Stir into creamed mixture until all flour disappears.
4. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
5. Spread into greased 10x15x1-inch baking pan.
6. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes. Cool and
cut into squares.
information per serving