Best-Ever Sugar Cookies (Makes 3–4 dozen)
There is a reason I call these a Best-Ever cookie ………
is just because I consider these cookies to be one of my favorite cookie
recipes. The color of the sugar on top of the cookies can vary with
the season…..red and green for Christmas, red for Valentine’s
Day and green for St. Patrick’s Day. Don’t forget purple
for Easter and Orange for Halloween.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
Granulated or colored sugar
1. In large mixing bowl, beat butter and oil with an electric mixer.
2. Add sugar, powdered sugar, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
Beat until well combined.
3. Beat in egg and vanilla.
4. Then, beat in flour.
5. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
6. Shape into small balls and place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined
or ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Flatten balls with the bottom of a dampened glass dipped in granulated
or colored sugar.
8. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly