Yogurt Shortcake (Serves 8)Here is my favorite biscuit-style shortcake recipe. It’s equally delicious with any of the “berries” of summer, but my family thinks fresh strawberries are the best.
2 cups flour
1. In medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. Cut in chilled butter with pastry blender or fork.
3. Mix in yogurt with fork.
4. Add just enough milk to make a soft dough.
5. Scrape dough out of bowl onto a floured pastry cloth or surface. Knead dough for a few seconds to form a soft ball of dough.
6. 6. Divide dough in half. Pat or roll one half of the dough into an 8-inch circle about 3/4-inch thick.
7. 7. Place this half of the dough in well-greased 8-inch round baking pan.
8. Spread softened butter on dough that is in pan.
9. Pat or roll the other half of the dough into an 8-inch circle about 3/4-iinch thick.
10. Put seconds half of dough on buttered dough.
11. Bake shortcake in preheated 400 degree oven 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
12. Remove from pan; split layers; serve with sweetened
berries and cream or ice cream of your choice.
Information per serving: