White Chocolate Apricot Coffee Cake (Serves 8)
This yummy coffee cake is perfect with a cup of coffee or light breakfast or brunch. Look for biscuit baking mix near the flour in the baking aisle at your favorite grocery store.
2 cups biscuit baking mix
2 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup white chocolate baking chips
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1/3 cup biscuit baking mix
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cold butter
1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups biscuit mix and 2 tablespoons sugar.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in white baking chips.
3. Pour batter into greased 9-inch round baking pan.
4. Drop preserves by teaspoonfuls over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the preserves.
5. For topping, combine 1/3 cup biscuit mix and 1/3 cup sugar in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
6. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm, when possible.