Pumpkin Cake (Serves 18-10)
Totable cakes are popular fare at pot luck gatherings. Maybe that’s
why the 9x13-inch covered cake pan was invented. This pleasing pineapple
pumpkin cake fits the pan and carries well.
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
Confectioners’ sugar, for topping
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together oil and sugar until well blended,
using medium speed on electric mixer.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
vanilla and pumpkin.
4. Add dry ingredients; beat well.
5. Stir in pineapple.
6. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 30-40 minutes or until cake tests
done with wooden pick. Cool on rack.
7. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.