Orange Rhubarb Coffee Cake (Serves
Simply scrumptious aptly describes this mouth watering coffee cake. Both
the ingredient list and procedure are simple, but the outstanding flavor
could easily seem complicated.
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
1 and 1/4 cups flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons grated orange rind
1 and 1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In mixing bowl, cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in egg and orange juice
3. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into creamed mixture.
4. Add orange rind and rhubarb. Mix well.
5. Pour into greased and floured 8-inch square pan.
6. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over cake.
7. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 35-40 minutes or until toothpick
inserted in center comes out clean.