Berry Torte (Serves 12)
Every recipe file needs a selection of dessert recipes that serve a crowd.
This attractive fruit filled dessert will please the most discriminating
health-conscious guest because it is a low fat “show-off recipe”
1/2 cup frozen pineapple orange strawberry juice concentrate, thawed
3 tablespoons orange juice
1 cup light ricotta cheese
1/2 (8-ounce) package 1/3 less fat cream cheese (Neufachatel), softened
1 (15.75-ounce) can lemon pie filling
2 (3-ounce) packages lady fingers, split
3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
1 cup fresh blueberries or raspberries
1. In small bowl, combine juice concentrate and orange juice. Set aside
2. In medium-size bowl, beat together ricotta cheese and cream cheese
at medium speed of electric mixer until smooth.
3. Add pie filling to cream cheese mixture; beat until blended and
4. Line bottom of 8x12-inch baking dish with half of the ladyfingers,
cut side up.
5. Brush lady fingers with half of juice concentrate mixture.
6. Spread half of lemon filling evenly over ladyfingers.
7. Top with half each of strawberries and blueberries or raspberries.
8. Repeat layers ending with fruit
9. Refrigerate at least 8 hours.
10. At serving time, garnish with fresh mint, when available.