Light Lemon Angel Torte (Serves 12)
The next time you need a dessert for a crowd, think of this light and lemony angel food cake torte. Nothing could be easier. Start with a purchased angel food cake and within minutes this dessert has been created. Top it with any fresh fruit or cooked fruit topping of your choice.
1 (8 or 9-ounce) angel food cake
1. Spray an eight inch baking dish or pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
2. Cut angel food cake in 1-inch cubes. There should be about 4 cups of cake cubes. Arrange cake cubes in prepared dish.
3. In large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
4. Stir in lemonade concentrate and evaporated skim milk.
5. Refrigerate until gelatin mixture mounds, about 1 hour.
6. Beat mixture, until very light and fluffy, with electric mixer.
7. Pour mixture over cake cubes. Refrigerate until firm.
8. Cut into squares and serve with favorite fruit sauce or topping.
information per serving