Bundt Cake (Makes 20 servings)
If you like to bake special occasion cakes, this mouth-watering cake would
be the perfect suggestion for Valentine’s Day. Touched with a swirl
of chocolate, it is lovely when dusted with a light coating of Confectioners’
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 and 3/4 cups sugar
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate syrup
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. In large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar on medium
speed of an electric mixer until very light and fluffy. (For best results
beat this mixture 5-7 minutes)
2. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; add alternately to
creamed mixture with milk and vanilla, starting and ending with dry
4. Remove 1/4 of the batter to small bowl; stir in chocolate syrup and
5. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan. Pour chocolate batter into prepared
pan. Pour remaining white batter on top of chocolate batter.
6. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 55-60 minutes or until wooden pick
inserted near the center comes out clean.
7. Cool cake in pan 10-15 minutes; turn out on wire rack to cool completely.
8. Sift confectioners’ sugar over top of cake just before serving.