Coffee Cake (Serves 12)
This delicious coffee cake uses ingredients that most folks keep on
hand. You’ll find a double layer of cinnamon sugared apple slices
that assures full flavor in every bite.
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup milk
1 and 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups apples, pared, thinly sliced
1. In small bowl, combine brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon.
Cut in 2 tablespoons of butter until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
2. In medium bowl, cream together sugar and 1/4 cup butter.
3. Add egg and beat well.
4. Stir in milk.
5. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture
just until smooth.
6. Spread half of the batter in greased 8x8-inch baking pan.
7. Cover with half the apples and half the brown sugar mixture.
8. Repeat layers.
9. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 45-=50 minutes or until toothpick
inserted in cake portion comes out clean.