Zucchini Cranberry Muffins (Makes 12-14)
When zucchini is plentiful, add these mouth watering muffins to your baking repertoire. Remember that muffins freeze beautifully and can be kept tucked in the freezer just waiting for a “muffin moment”.
1 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup shredded zucchini
3/4 cup fat free milk
1/2-1 cup dried cranberries
1/4-1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and sugar.
2. In a medium bowl, combine egg, lemon peel, vegetable oil, zucchini and milk stirring well.
3. Make a well in the dry ingredients; add zucchini mixture, cranberries and walnuts. Stir until just moist. Do not over mix.
4. Spoon batter into greased muffin cups or paper liners.
5. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.