Pumpkin Bread (Makes 2 loaves)
Over the years I’ve used many recipes for pumpkin bread. Thus
far, this is my favorite. The touch of molasses and orange juice seem
to bring out the best qualities in pumpkin. It is a quick bread worthy
of grand champion recognition.
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons molasses
2/3 cup orange juice
1 (15-ounce) can cooked pumpkin (2 cups)
3 and 1/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 and 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped pecans
1. In large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs, one at time, beating after each addition.
3. Add molasses, orange juice and pumpkin. Beat well.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and
cloves; add to creamed mixture, stirring just until blended.
5. Add vanilla, raisins and pecans. Mix gently.
6. Spoon batter into two greased and parchment lined or floured 9x5-inch
7. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 55-60 minutes or until wooden pick
inserted in center comes out clean.8. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove
from pans and cool on wire rack.