Sour Cream Cresent Rolls (Makes 2 dozen rolls)Even the novice yeast bread baker can handle these lovely refrigerated yeast rolls. On Easter morning, I like to bake them before the ham goes into the oven
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1. Combine butter, sour cream, sugar and salt in small saucepan. Cook over low heat until butter melts. Cool to 105-115 degrees.
2. Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
3. Beat egg and sour cream mixture into dissolved yeast.
4. Beat in 1 cup flour.
5. Stir in remaining cup of flour, mixing well.
6. Cover tightly and refrigerate 8-24 hours.
7. Punch dough down, and divide in half. Roll each portion in a 12-inch circle on a floured surface.
8. Cut each circle into 12 wedges; roll each wedge, jelly roll fashion, beginning at wide end.
9. Place on greased or parchment lined baking sheets, point side down.
10. Cover with oiled plastic wrap and let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk.
11. Brush with slightly beaten egg white.
12. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven 12-15 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
Information per serving: