Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
(Makes 1 loaf)
Just when you think its traditional pumpkin bread, the chocolate chips
get your attention. Here’s a quick bread that could even double
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1 and 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup mashed cooked pumpkin
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
1. Cream together butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Sift together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
4. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin, beginning
and ending with flour mixture.
5. Stir in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup pecans.
6. Spoon mixture into a greased and parchment-lined or floured 9x5-inch
7. Sprinkle batter with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
8. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 55-65 minutes or until wooden pick
inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool bread in pan 10 minutes, remove from pan.
10. Continue cooling on wire rack.