Lavender Blueberry Muffins
(Makes 18-24 regular size muffins)
Lavender and blueberries are flavor companions that will please your taste buds in these delicious muffins. Serve them for lunch and supper as well as breakfast and brunch.
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 and 1/4 cup fat free milk
3 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon dried culinary lavender buds, crushed
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Grate lemon zest. Measure and set aside.
2. Combine lemon juice and milk. Let stand 5 minutes
3. Meanwhile in mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. In another mixing bowl, beat eggs until evenly combined. Add milk mixture, oil and lavender. Stir well.
5. Add wet ingredient to dry mixture and stir just until flour is almost moistened. Stir in blueberries.
6. Fill well greased or paper lined muffin cups with batter.
7. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for about 18-20 minutes.