Italian Breadsticks (3 dozen breadsticks)
Homemade breadsticks can lift an ordinary meal into a special event.
Just follow these easy directions for an outstanding bread product.
It’'s lots of fun when family members join in the breadstick shaping
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water in large mixing bowl.
2. Stir in sugar, salt, 1/4 cup oil and 1 cup of the flour. Beat until smooth.
3. Mix in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
4. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic.
5. Divided dough in half. Divide each half in thirds. Divide each third into six small pieces of dough. Roll each piece into a rope 6-8 inches long.
6. Place about 1-inch apart on a parchment-lined or greased cookie sheet.
7. Brush each piece with oil. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in warm place about 20-30 minutes.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat egg white and 1 tablespoon water slightly; brush over breadsticks and sprinkle with sesame seed or poppy seed, if desired.
9. Bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
information per bread stick