Cherry Applesauce Bread (Makes 1 loaf)
Dried cherries are coveted for both baking and snacking. So it’'s
easy to understand why this special quick bread is a great gift for
you family and friends.
1 cup unsweetened or sweetened applesauce
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Heat applesauce in saucepan over low heat until hot.
2 In large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar with electric
mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
4. Alternately beat in dry ingredients and applesauce, beginning and
ending with flour.
5. Fold in dried cherries and nuts.
6. Pour into well-greased 8x4-inch baking pan.
7. Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 50-60 minutes or until wooden
pick comes out clean.
8. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool.