Banana Loaf (Makes 1 loaf)
This festive quick bread blends the tangy flavor of cranberries with
the mild taste of banana. Be sure to save time and energy by using your
food processor to chop the cranberries and mash the bananas.
3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
1 cup sugar, divided
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1 and 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (2 small) mashed bananas
1/3 cup salad oil
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. In small mixing bowl, combine cranberries, 1/2 cup of the sugar
and orange peel; set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, sift together flour, remaining 1/2 cup sugar,
baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, bananas and oil; stir well with
fork to combine.
4. Add banana mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just enough to moisten.
5. Stir in cranberry mixture and walnuts.
6. Pour into well greased and parchment-lined or floured 9x5-inch loaf
7. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until golden brown
and inserted wooden pick comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool on