Almond Muffins (Makes 12 muffins)
If you are looking for a special occasion muffin recipe, look no further.
This dynamite combination of coconut, almonds, and chocolate chips is
certain to please folks all ages.
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. In another bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, butter and extract.
3. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until
dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Fold in coconut and chocolate chips.
5. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
6. Sprinkle with almonds and additional sugar.
7. Bake in preheated 375 degree for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick
comes out clean.
8. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool.